An opportunity has arisen for an analytical chemist join a globally recognised petrochemical manufacturing business at their site in Sunbury on a fixed-term contract. As an analytical chemist you will work as part of the lubricant technology and R&D team performing analysis tests within the laboratory facilities recording data and ensuring all records & documentation are maintained in accordance to company regulations.
To be successful as an analytical chemist you must possess previous experience within a chemical testing laboratory and ideally hold a degree in relevant chemistry or engineering discipline.
Analytical Chemist Responsibilities:
- Carry out laboratory tests on various additive and lubricant samples using a wide range of international standards and local procedures.
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of complex equipment and apparatus including setup calibration QA checks and basic problem solving Characterisation measurements for core samples.
- Take an active role in achieving local and company HSE objectives
- Actively contribute to the running of the team and the Analytical department
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained always looking for opportunities for improvement
- Liaise with internal and external contacts to maintain progress on all key projects.
Analytical Chemist Requirements:
- Ideally hold a relevant scientific qualification in chemistry engineering or similar discipline.
- Previous experience within a commercial chemical laboratory plant or manufacturing environment.
- Competent in a laboratory environment and be able to accurately follow test procedures.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritise workloads accordingly.
Salary - £.Comp + Benefits
12 Month FTC (With the opportunity to extend)
40 Hours Per Week: Monday - Friday
If you have the experience and or qualifications mentioned and are looking for an exciting challenge with an industry leading chemical business contact Lewis at Cranleigh Scientific.