A leading supplier of products to the food and beverage industry requires an Analytical Chemist to join its team on an initial 12 month contract. As Analytical Chemist, you will take a primary focus on analysis samples & finished goods using a range of instruments including GC, HPLC and GC-MS – whilst having the ability to follow/operate to high levels of GLP.
Analytical Chemist responsibilities
- Manage the testing in the Instrument Laboratory to support the quality requirement of all samples submitted to QC.
- Preparation of lab reagents and standards.
- Utilise GC, HPLC and GCMS to analyse a broad range of samples, ensuring work is carried out to high regulatory standards and methods are validated appropriately.
- Method development for product screening to include liaising with client contacts to ensure all pesticides are covered.
- Operate high levels of GLP (in accordance with accreditation standards).
- Record and collate data for review in line with regulatory standards and Company requirements.
- Calibration and maintenance of instrument lab equipment.
Analytical Chemist requirements
- Degree level qualification in Chemistry or closely related field of study.
- Experience operating within a commercial laboratory, undertaking analysis of raw/finished goods using GC, HPLC and GC-MS.
- Demonstrable experience and ability to undertake practical problem solving relating to scientific issues.
- Proven & quantified track record of problem-solving and achieving stretch targets.
- Provide flexibility where required and can commit to a 12m FTC.
- Ability to work in collaboration with other departments.
- High attention to detail with a passion for continuous improvement.
In return, the company can provide an excellent opportunity to learn/develop valuable skills focused in analytical chemistry whilst representing a high-quality national brand.
Competitive Salary + benefits
Job Ref: 6594