An opportunity has arisen for an analytical chemist to join one of the world’s leading suppliers of speciality polymers, supporting multiple market segments, including coatings, construction, textiles and synthetic latex for gloves. As an analytical chemist you should possess previous commercial experience working within an analytical laboratory and have be able to display expertise in either GC, GC-MS, LC, LC-MS or FT-IR with a strong understanding of method development & validation.
Analytical Chemist Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with health and safety programs by pro-actively identifying, reporting on and improving safety related issues in the local laboratory area.
- Work with customers to solve technical problems related to chemistry, processing and applications of Companies’ products.
- Plan and execute analytical project work to develop application and knowledge.
- Provide technical support to operations, R&D, sales, quality and regulatory as required.
- Maintain relationship between assigned business group and Global Analytical service by arranging regular meetings, presentations and demonstrations of analytical work, new instrumentation and methods.
- Ensure data integrity in the Analytical LIMS system.
- Assist in the development of new analytical methods with the support of the method development chemist.
- Adherence to the high standards of the analytical lab in line with appropriate certifications.
- To ensure that the maintenance and calibration of at least one of the following pieces of instrumentation GC, GC-MS, FT-IR, HPLC and GPC, and the sample preparation attached in the Analytical laboratory is of a high standard.
- Order goods and services, with approvals, using SAP.
- Participation in the Analytical 5S team.
Analytical Chemist Requirements:
Educated to degree level within a relevant disclipline, idealy Analytical Chemitsry or closeley related field.
- Commercial experience in analytical laboratory environment.
- Expertiese in at least one of the following GC, GC-MS, LC, LC-MS and FT-IR.
- Possess a strong understanding of method development and validation.
Competitive Salary + Benefits - Working hours: 37.5 hours – Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Job Ref: 5814