A multinational environmental consultancy is currently seeking a ICP-MS Analyst to join its brand new, state of the art facility based in Manchester. You will play a critical role in the analysis and running of ICP-MS systems with the ability to troubleshoot equipment and improve current methods.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with some industrial experience to join a world recognised business and develop a successful career focused to analytical chemistry.
- Managing your own analytical workload, ensuring samples are reported in agreed timescales.
- Analysis of samples using ICP-MS & ICP-OES ensuring all ISO 17025 quality requirements are met in line with laboratory procedures
- Process and interpretation of analytical results.
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation.
- Undertake investigations into internal and external QC failures.
- Supervision and training of staff as required.
- Ensure laboratory records are kept accurate and up to date.
- Sample preparation when required.
- BSc in Science or equivalent
- Worked within a laboratory environment
- Experience of using ICP-MS is essential
- Experience of sample preparation and use analytical instrumentation.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting skills
- Used to working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- 24 days annual leave (+ option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year)
- Company pension scheme
- Share incentive scheme
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free optional wellbeing assessment
Salary £20k - £25k
Job Ref: 5713