A growing pharmaceutical testing company requires an Analytical Chemist to join its chromatography laboratory in Twickenham. You will support the chromatography lab, in particular with LC and LCMS/LC-MS based projects. To be considered you must have a BSc in chemistry, or a related subject, and have proven experience using LC/LC-MS and/or IC in a commercial lab.
- Work as an analytical chemist using liquid chromatography (LC) techniques to pharmacopeial or other published method sources in a contract analytical testing laboratory.
- To work in compliance with the Company regulations including in-house health and safety, GMP, GLP and UKAS Quality requirements.
- Providing specialist expertise, aiding in the development of new methods, and troubleshooting instruments and analysis.
- Training and development of junior analytical staff as and when required.
- Client liaison and communications where required.
- To complete analytical work within required timeframes.
- Educated to degree standard in chemistry or related subject
- Solid understanding and proven industrial experience in a laboratory performing LC/LC-MS analysis.
- A working knowledge and practical experience with the troubleshooting/development of analytical methods
- Experience working in a GMP or UKAS regulated environment.
You will be:
Highly motivated with an eagerness to learn
- Excellent practical analytical skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good numerical skills
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Able and willing to work outside normal hours if necessary.
Job Ref: 6601