A leading provider of pharmaceutical testing in the UK requires two Analysts to join its team in Cambridgeshire. You will perform and assist analytical work on pharmaceutical products and aid the efficient operation of the chemistry lab. You must hold a degree in chemistry (or a related subject) and have proven industrial lab experience within another pharmaceutical environment.
• Analysis of samples using various instrumental & wet chemistry methods eg HPLC, GC
• Calculation of results either manually or using MS excel
• Entering data onto LIMS
• Performing equipment checks and calibrations
• Ensuring assigned work is carried out in a timely fashion following the relevant procedures.
• Ensuring all relevant Quality and Health & Safety Procedures are followed
Analyst experience required:
• Degree or equivalent in Chemistry or an appropriate subject, or proven experience in relevant analytical techniques
• Theoretical and practical knowledge of Chemical analysis across a range of methodologies, techniques and procedure eg HPLC, GC, AA etc
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office programs
• Previous experience of working in a GMP laboratory environment is desirable.
• Ability to work alone and part of a team in a busy laboratory
• Good communication skills, written and oral, with good organisational skills and the ability to accurately follow methods and excellent attention to detail
Hours of work will be 40 hours a week.
Salary £18k - £23k in line with experience
Job Ref: 5306