A leading pharmaceutical company is looking to appoint an experienced Analytical Team Leader into their R&D department and support them in a very exciting stage of growth. You will be based at their state of the art facility in Kent and be responsible for mentoring & leading a team of innovative thinking analytical scientists working on early stage development of new drug applications.
To be successful you should possess staff management & development experience coupled with a proven track record of analytical method development within a pharmaceutical organisation.
Analytical Team Leader Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development and validation of analytical test methods.
- Provide technical expertise on a variety of chromatographic techniques (HPLC, UHPLC and GC-MS)
- Mentor direct reports to develop and maximise individual and team performances.
- Exhibit strong teamwork and communication skills to work collaboratively within and outside the department.
- Apply principles of cGMP, to ensure data is generated and recorded accurately, consistently and to a high standard.
- Troubleshoot and maintain equipment.
- Remain up-to-date of relevant ICH guidelines in the pharmaceutical industry.
Analytical Team Leader Requirements:
- Ideally hold a scientific based degree.
- Possess staff management & development experience within a commercial laboratory environment.
- Significant analytical experience within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Skilled in developing methods for a variety of product types and an understanding of the analytical method requirements at the different stages of product development.
- Experience of working collaboratively with chemists, formulation scientists, regulatory, QA & production is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 + Excellent Benefits
Job Ref: 5667