A market leading chemical manufacturing business is currently recruiting for an Analytical Team Leader to join and lead its busy quality control facility on a permanent basis. As Analytical Team Leader, you will take a primary focus into performing a range of routine QC analysis (HPLC, UPLC, LC-MS, NMR) on raw materials and finished products – whilst having the ability to supervise/manage 4 junior chemists.
Analytical Team Leader Responsibilities
- Maintenance of appropriate documentation such as QC records and lab notebooks in line with good practice and the company’s SOPs.
- Responsibility for conducting scheduled preventive maintenance and calibration of analytical equipment.
- Performing a range of routine QC analysis on raw materials and finished products as well as developing and validating new methods.
- Method development and method validation.
- Team management of 4 chemist’s within the analytical group.
Analytical Team Leader Requirements
- Degree qualified in Chemistry or closely related field of study.
- Proven experience operating within an industrial analytical laboratory – completing a range of routine & non-routine analysis including HPLC, UPLC, LC-MS (GC and NMR is a desirable).
- Previous supervisory/management experience is essential.
- Competent in development of methods for HPLC and validation of HPLC methods.
- Troubleshooting of analytical equipment including HPLC, UPLC and LC-MS.
- Possess strong expertise in preparing documentation.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
In return, the organisation will provide a competitive salary + benefits: £35k-£40k
Job Ref: 6255