An innovative start-up has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Scientist to join its team. You will join the R&D team and perform scientific work to support the development and improvement of the manufacturing process. You must hold a life sciences degree to apply for this role.
- Executing experiments related to bioreactor R&D activities.
- Maintain cell cultures, prepare reagents and perform analytical testing of cells.
- Support/prepare accurate records of experiments.
- Participate in group and project meetings and discussions.
- Routine laboratory maintenance.
- Degree in Life Sciences, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related fields.
- Good understanding of cell Biology.
- Aseptic cell culture experience.
- Ability to follow SOPs.
- Experience of laboratory procedures.
- Good problem solving abilities.
- Good numeracy and communication skills.
- Computer literate and ability to familiarise with different IT systems.
Desirable experience –
- Experience with writing SOPs and basic reports.
- Knowledge and skills to use standard laboratory equipment (e.g. cell counters, pH meters, pipettes, centrifuges)
Job Ref: 6519