A growing FMCG manufacturer has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join its team. Your role will be to identify and win new accounts exploring new revenue streams for the business particularly within retail. This role is office based with any travel being as much or as little as you make it. You must have a proven background in business development ideally selling other FMCG products or with experience in supermarket and retail.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial you will be responsible for managing key accounts for the business. You will also assist in winning new accounts both in the UK and Internationally. You will develop relationships with new and existing customers business partners and colleagues throughout the industry. As such you will form an integral part of the business strategy responsible for forecasting sales revenue and profit expectations for both new and existing accounts ensuring the company exceeds its targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To understand targets and be able to break down and analyse targets to achieve results
• To build sustainable long-term partnerships with all customers using a consultative approach regularly engaging with customers in order to grow the accounts
• To manage an existing account base building relationships and identifying opportunities for growth
• Focusing on achieving sales targets set out for the area by the business
• Develop new business opportunities and secure new customers
• Identify opportunities for new products channels and markets.
• Attend sales meetings trade events and shows as and when required
• Network with colleagues to share best practice
• Manage the full sales cycle from order to dispatch for your accounts
• Maintain forecast accuracy and ensure that business targets are met.
This role is ideal for an ambitious self-starter with a desire to carve a path for themselves within the business. Previous experience in sales & marketing business development and/or account management at a middle management level is essential.
The following skills or experience would be considered beneficial:
• Fantastic communicator both written and verbal
• Experience of managing clients at a senior level
• Honed business development skills and demonstrable experience of growing markets
• Marketing qualifications and/or experience ideally gained within an SME environment
• Experience within a retail business preferable
• High level attention to detail
• A passion for excellent customer service
• Highly organised and an excellent multi tasker
• A pro-active and flexible approach with the ability to work independently or as part of a team managing and prioritising a varied workload.
What you'll get in return:
• Be a part of an industry leading team.
• The opportunity to travel to meet with new and existing customers
• Opportunity for an exceptional career within a disruptive company expanding skillset
• Ownership of your role from day one - a steep learning curve is guaranteed.
• Great opportunity to progress your career within a Private Equity backed business as we continue to go from strength to strength at a genuinely exciting time.