A growing medical device company is looking for a cell culture specialist to join their team. The Cell Culture Specialist assures the smooth running of the cell culture facility and provides technical support to the scientific team. The job is laboratory-based working in a multi-disciplinary team. You must hold a life sciences degree and 4 or more years laboratory experience to apply for this role.
- Day to day running of cell culture facility, including maintaining of mammalian cell lines, receiving and unpacking deliveries, formulating buffers and maintaining cell culture facility consumables as required. Keeping the cell culture facility clean, tidy and minimising contamination risks at all times;
- Maintaining excellent cell culture documentation as appropriate within the quality system. Ensuring the regulatory compliance of all work undertaken by themselves and any other work carried out in the cell culture facility;
- Supporting the Laboratory Management in maintaining records for the QMS and other duties as assigned by line manager;
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills, work ethic and attention to detail.
Education and Skills –
- B.Sc. or equivalent in Life Sciences gained on a course that includes practical laboratory work, or ‘A’ Levels and 5 years of relevant laboratory experience;
- Excellent aseptic technique and extensive relevant technical knowledge are required, with at least 2 years prior practical full-time experience in cell culture and use of cell culture equipment;
- Experience of working to strict quality standards such as ISO9001 or preferably ISO13485 would be an advantage. A strong understanding of the importance of accurate record keeping within a strictly controlled quality system is essential.
Salary £24k - £28k
Job Ref: 5501