A globally recognised chemical business based in Salisbury is currently seeking a Chemical Analyst to join its state of the art facilities on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for a degree qualified Chemist with some industrial wet chemistry experience to move into a progressive business and develop further valuable skills directly related to analytical chemistry.
As Chemical Analyst, you will play a vital role in conducting day to day analysis of raw materials to appropriate standards, whilst having the ability to communicate effectively across all levels in the business.
Chemical Analyst Responsibilities
- To conduct Goods Inwards Inspection on chemical raw materials entering the High Post site.
- To ensure that all documents used in the laboratory, including standards, are kept at their latest issue status and the calibration status of all laboratory equipment is maintained and monitored.
- Conduct the day to day analysis of chemical raw materials, to appropriate predefined standards.
- To assist the Works Chemist in the maintenance of the Chemical Laboratory and equipment in a safe and usable condition for all laboratory users.
- Periodic analysis of production samples of composition for compliance with expected formulation.
Chemical Analyst Requirements
- You must possess a degree qualification in chemistry or closely related field of study.
- It is essential that you hold industrial experience within a commercial laboratory – completing a range of analysis, including wet chemistry techniques. (Infra-Red Spectroscopy/Karl Fisher/Titrations/Thermal Analysis/Rheology)
- Excellent communication skills coupled with Problem solving capabilities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
In return the company can provide an excellent opportunity to develop new analytical skills, coupled with an excellent salary package: £25k-£30k + excellent company benefits
Job Ref: 5802