Our client is the industry leader in the manufacture of composite materials and seek a Chemical Process Engineer. The Chemical Process Engineer will be based at their Cambridgeshire UK manufacturing facility. As the Chemical Process Engineer you will hold a Chemical Engineering or relevant degree with practical scale up experience and expertise in the manufacturing of materials by resin infusion/injection working within a manufacturing/production/process development environment.
Chemical Process Engineer Responsibilities:
- The preparation of composite test laminates by RTM or infusion processes.
- Planning / scheduling of test laminate manufacture by laboratory technicians to maximise efficiency and throughput. Identification, procurement and commissioning of new process equipment for R&D purposes
- Expanding capabilities; including identification, procurement and commissioning of new process equipment for R&D purposes
- Developing expertise in the manufacture of composite materials by resin infusion/injection processes to become the expert within the R&T team.
- Researching and developing new process methods for liquid composite moulding.
- Coordinating maintenance of laboratory injection/infusion equipment with internal and external maintenance engineers.
- Suggest and implement quality and productivity improvements to processes, equipment and working practices.
- Maintaining and improving health and safety standards within the laboratory, including performing risk assessments.
- Writing and updating equipment user manuals, and preparing technical reports.
- Attending technical seminars / conferences to follow industry trends and technology developments.
Chemical Process Engineer Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A Chemical Engineering or relevant degree or higher qualification or HNC equivalent with significant experience in a hands-on technical role.
- Competent to plan and schedule laboratory resources.
- Practical experience of working in a materials science, process development or engineering environment.
- Preferably have experience of working with and responsibility for process equipment.
- Keen eye for detail and practically minded.
- Able to demonstrate a proactive and methodical approach to work.
- Competent to work safely in a process laboratory and to identify and lead safety improvements
- Must be able to accurately and concisely record experimental results.
- Must able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Strong team player – able and willing to actively contribute to project team.
Role: Chemical Process Engineer
Pay Rate: Competitive Salary
Package: 10% Bonus (Has paid out for last 5 years), Flexi-hours, 25 days holiday, enhanced pensions scheme, on site canteen, free parking, various company benefits
Job Type: Monday – Friday, Permanent role
Industry: Aerospace / Composites / Automotive / Materials
Job Ref: 6038