An opportunity has arisen for a hands-on chemist to join one of the UK’s leading waste management companies at their site in Oxfordshire. As a chemist your role will consist of assisting with the overall operation of the technical transfer station, ensuring sample documentation is correct, preparation of loads for dispatch and segregation of incoming samples.
To be successful as a chemist you should have a hands on approach to your work and hold a relevant degree ideally within chemistry or environmental discipline.
- Check waste delivery documentation is completed correctly in line with current legislation.
- Inspect, classify and segregate waste, ensuring loads are labelled and described in accordance with company regulations.
- Ensure Non Conformance reports are raised in line with procedures, issues identified, corrective action taken.
- Maintain the accurate and timely completion of all relevant documentation of traceable records in line with Quality Management Systems.
- Operate forklift trucks competently and safely. (Training will be provided)
- Be aware of personal responsibilities towards health and safety, quality and the environment.
- Degree in a Chemistry or an Environmental related discipline is preferred.
- Basic understanding of chemicals and their hazards.
- Understanding of COSHH regulations.
- Capable of working outside and in busy environments.
- Able to work within potentially difficult environments i.e. wearing protective suits and respirators.
- Work within precise and stringent deadlines.
- Flexible towards working hours to ensure the smooth operation of the Transfer Station.
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 + Benefits: Company performance bonus – Pension contribution – Healthcare – Discounted gym membership
Working Hours: 40 per week – Rotating - 07:00 – 16:00 / 09:00 – 18:00 (1 hour lunch)
Job Ref: 5874