An opportunity has arisen for an analytical chemist to join a leading water testing business at their state of the art facility in Farnborough. As an analytical chemist you will carry out routine and non-routine analysis on water samples using mass spectroscopy analysis including: Gas Chromatography (GC), Liquid Chromatography (LC) and Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP).
To be successful you should hold a degree in chemistry or closely related scientific discipline, and ideally possess some commercial experience operating the analytical instrumentation mentioned.
Analytical Chemist Responsibilities:
- Performing mass spectroscopy analysis using instruments including:
- Gas Chromatography (GC),
- Liquid Chromatography (LC)
- Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP)
- Operating instrumentation in accordance with the Management System.
- Assist in the maintenance and troubleshooting of Chromatographic, Colorimetric and preparatory equipment.
- Analyse and interpret data, calculate results and complete all laboratory paperwork.
- Maintain good laboratory practice and housekeeping at all times.
- Assist in method validation when required.
Analytical Chemist Requirements:
- Hold a degree in chemistry or closely related scientific discipline.
- Possess existing knowledge of good laboratory practice (GLP) gained via previous practical laboratory experience.
- Ideally possess some commercial experience operating the analytical instrumentation.
- Hold excellent numeracy, literacy, computer literacy and analytical skills.
Salary - £20,000 -£22,000 + Benefits - 25 days annual leave - Stakeholder pension scheme & Life assurance
Job Ref: 5768