Due to continued growth an FMCG manufacturer requires Lab Technicians to join its flavour development team. As lab technician you will prepare flavour concentrations and mix product solutions from set formulas. To be considered it is essential that you have worked in another ISO regulated lab environment and can work to set quality standards. Experience within food manufacturing or flavours and fragrances is preferred.
- Responsible for the preparation of the final products as per the defined production schedule.
- Ensure that all existing Quality Control procedures are maintained and followed including all internal SOPs during the production process.
- Keep the Laboratory Manager/appointed Team Leader up to date with regards to the progress of their work schedule.
- Carry out the daily calibration checks on the laboratory equipment.
- Work with team members on flavour stock control.
- Carry out analysis of QA/QC samples as per company procedures when required.
- Maintain the stringent safety record of the facility by ensuring that the laboratory area is ‘clutter-free’ neat and clean all times.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope spirit and purpose of the job as requested by his/her line manager or Head of Department/Division.
- Follow all of company policies and procedures.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of on-site Fire and Health & Safety Regulations
Qualifications and Skills required:
- BSc in Food Chemistry Chemistry Food Technology or related field plus 1 years’ work experience within a laboratory environment.
- ‘Hands-on’ experience of preparing flavours or an equivalent substrate preferably within a food industry setting but other sectors will be considered if applicable such as tobacco or the fragrance industry.
- Ability to work co-operatively with others to meet tight deadlines
- Data entry experience with an ability to record data accurately.
- Good IT skills with experience of using MS Excel Word and Outlook.
- Effective organisation skills with the ability to resolve problems.
- Perfect written and spoken English; it is expected that the individual will have a good attention to detail whilst retaining the ability to work well under pressure.
- MSc in Food Chemistry Chemistry Food Technology or related field proven experience within a laboratory environment or proven equivalent experience if qualified to BSc level.
- Worked in an ISO or GMP/GLP accredited environment and/or having knowledge of ISO standards such as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Creation of specific documentation such as SOPs.
- Good project management and people management skills.
- Understanding of GC/MS analyses of flavours.
- Specific market knowledge of the ‘vape’ industry would be an advantage.
Salary £19k - £24k
Job Ref: 6185