An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Chemistry Team Leader Position to join a global company that is focused on the testing of life sciences and minerals. As a Team leader you will organise and actively manage the workload to make sure targets and goals of the business are achieved. To be successful you will need to have previous analytical chemistry and supervisory experience.
Position Duties and Scope:
- You will actively organise and manage the workload within the team to achieve the targets and goals of the business.
- You will monitor systems to ensure that all tests and / or processes are completed in a timely manner and within client defined timeframes.
- You will Ensure all supporting tasks and documents are completed e.g. Audits, IQC charts, CAPA, non-conformance investigations, records, general housekeeping.
- You will ensure all relevant worksheets/workflows are produced on a daily basis and all associated documents are completed.
- You will ensure clients are informed appropriately of any delays and communicate with Laboratory Management team to resolve any turnaround issues.
- You will ensure that all that all equipment used for testing is of the desired standard, clean, fit for purpose and safe and that all daily checks, where appropriate, are carried out.
- You will work with suppliers and management to highlight any new or improved equipment/instrumentation or processes.
- You will support Section Heads to ensure smooth and efficient running of department.
- You will monitor timekeeping, absence, and behaviour, highlighting any concerns to Section Heads.
- You will monitor training level and records within the team to ensure sufficient resource and flexibility, providing training for staff as appropriate.
- You will ensure all work undertaken within team complies with all relevant HSE, Quality, Regulatory and Accreditation standards and requirements including compliance to internal company policies and procedures.
- You will have a commitment to continual learning and development of self and team.
- You will have a degree or equivalent in Chemistry or an appropriate subject, or proven experience in relevant analytical techniques.
- You will have theoretical and practical knowledge of Chemical analysis across a range of methodologies, techniques and procedures.
- You will be a proficient user of Microsoft Office programs and LIMS
- You will need to have accuracy and attention to detail
- You will need to have good organisational skills, ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload
- You will the ability to communicate in a concise manner with colleagues and senior staff
Salary £25k - £30k
Job Ref: 5670