An opportunity has arisen for an experienced development chemist to join a leading chemical manufacturing organisation at their facility in Derby. As a development chemist you will be responsible for leading product development projects and the overall management of the quality management systems: ISO9001 and ISO13485. To be successful as a development chemist you should hold a chemistry related qualification and possess commercial experience within a chemical manufacturing environment.
Development Chemist Responsibilities:
- Lead product development projects of speciality industrial chemicals.
- Work alongside business teams to deliver new products to market.
- Lead product development tests including formulations, stability testing and performance testing.
- Ensure all practical laboratory work complies with all Health & Safety requirements and COSHH regulations.
- Produce up-to-date safety data sheets compliant with current legislation (CLP) using Lycos software.
- Management of Quality Systems: ISO 9001 and ISO13485.
Development Chemist Additional Functions:
- Support production staff to improve manufacturing procedures and techniques.
- Support the Sales Team to deliver new products to market.
- Provide customers and end users with technical support where required.
Development Chemist Requirements:
- Hold a minimum qualification of a HNC/HND in a chemistry related discipline.
- Possess commercial experience within a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Experience in chemical product development or formulation would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and understanding of chemical regulations: CLP.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Hours of work: Monday-Thursday 08:30-5:00pm Friday 08:30-03:00pm