The Development technician position is an important role within the blending team which provides blending support and laboratory assistance across a wide range of activities for all the lubricants development teams.
The role is a 6mth contract position and offers an excellent opportunity to develop and/or build on existing knowledge of best laboratory practice quality control lubricant formulating blending and customer service.
Development Technician Responsibilities:
- Laboratory testing
- Blending of requested formulations accurately and in a timely manner.
- Performance of laboratory testing without direct supervision
- Effectively prioritize and manage work across a number of development technologist customers possibly in different teams.
- Liaise with internal and external contacts to maintain progress on all key projects e.g. Blendshop Analytical Product performance Additive suppliers and test houses
- Assist in quality and stock control of raw materials by maintaining efficient storage levels in D Block laboratory
- Assist in larger-scale blending as and when required in support of the wider blending team outside D block laboratory.
- Manage minor product developments e.g. viscometric optimizations for internal customers prioritizing tasks to be completed by agreed deadlines in service to the development teams.
- Work closely with other members of the blending team to ensure application of best laboratory practices COSHH lab standards and all HSE regulations.
- Perform general lab duties including general housekeeping equipment calibration and maintenance responsibilities organizing and QC of incoming samples stock control etc.
Development Technician Requirements:
- HNC or equivalent in a scientific discipline preferably Chemistry.
- Precious experience within a commercial laboratory is essential.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritise workloads accordingly.
- Ability to carry out laboratory tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of safe laboratory practices.
Salary - Competitive + Excellent Company Benefits