A growing scientific instrumentation business has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Digital Marketing Assistant to join the team. Your role will be to help develop and to implement the digital marketing strategy, including maintaining website, e-marketing, social media and website personalisation platform. You must have proven work experience in a similar position, ideally within a scientific organisation or hold a scientific qualification, although this a preference, not essential.
- Content management of websites; generating new content, ensuring that all pages and technical information is kept up-to-date, incorporating best SEO practices.
- Implement and maintain website personalisation platform
- Management of multiple social media accounts
- Creation of email campaigns and engaging content with effective CTAs
- Create online and offline content appropriate for technical customer base
- Maintain and upload material to online directories
- Management of e-marketing schedule
- Production of printed marketing materials, literature and technical data sheets
- Produce and distribute press/new product releases
- Organise events, exhibitions and seminars.
- Maintain marketing department databases
- Assist with production videos and presentations
- Evaluate marketing campaigns using tracking and analytical software, GA, and assess the results
- Keeping up-to-date with current digital trends and suggesting new ideas to enhance the digital strategy of the organisation.
- Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Qualifications in Life Sciences or Materials Science preferred but not essential
- Demonstrable experience of using social media in a professional and/or promotional capacity.
- Excellent copy writing and proofreading skills, and a keen eye for detail.
- A good standard of computer literacy including the use of PCs/Macs, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- A good working knowledge of design packages such as Photoshop and Quark Xpress.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of using website content management systems.
- Ability to understand and code basic HTML and CSS language
- General understanding of website analytics and KPI reporting
- Interest in customer lifecycle analysis and development
- Experience working with email service provider platforms
- Experience working with eCommerce platforms
- Highly organised, with an ability to work to deadlines, and to plan and prioritise short and long-term tasks effectively.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A proactive, positive attitude.
- An interest in digital and social media trends and updates.
- An organised and reliable approach to work.
Salary £25k - £28k
Job Ref: 5476