An opportunity has risen for a recent electronic or computer engineering graduate to join a leading scientific instrument manufacturing business in Surrey. As an Electronic Design Engineer you will work within the R&D team, developing firmware and software for a range of electro-mechanical instrumentation and other specialist products from conception to final-handover to the manufacturing team.
To be successful, you should ideally possess commercial experience within a technical environment, excellent communication skills both written & verbal; and hold a scientific degree within an electronic or computer engineering discipline.
Electronic Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Development of new, original electronic circuits.
- Ensure circuits meet requirements such as, and not limited to:
- Temperature control,
- Motor control,
- Pressure and position sensing.
- External interfacing.
- LCD interfaces
- Development of embedded, Windows and LINUX based software applications for a range of desktop instrumentation.
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and propose solutions.
- Development and implementation of software verification plans and quality assurance procedures for all coding.
- Working with production and end-users, evaluate software and associated customer feedback.
Electronic Design Engineer Requirements:
- Hold a minimum of a BSc or BEng degree in Electronic Engineering, Electronic & Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar relevant qualification.
- Ideally possess commercial experience within a technical electronics/engineering environment.
- A keen interest in developing electrical circuits, designing interactive software applications and embedded control systems.
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal.
Salary - £25,000 – £30,000 + Benefits: 25 Days Holiday Entitlement – Company Pension Contribution – Permanent
Job Ref: 5733