We are working with a leading scientific business who require an Engineering Area Co-ordinator. You will be responsible for all maintenance activities associated within manufacturing, laboratory and facilities for a team of 2-3 on shift. Duties include the control and co-ordination of personnel on-shift and within their allocated areas, whilst maintaining a “hands-on” maintenance function. The successful candidate will hold an engineering qualification with experience in a production / manufacturing environment and have led small teams or projects.
Engineering Co-ordinator Responsibilities:
- Carry out planned maintenance on utilities and production equipment
- Carry out maintenance and corrective works on all machines and site facilities
- Respond to breakdowns and diagnose common faults
- Carry out root cause analysis and implement counter measures
- Be responsible and take ownership of key utility plant to ensure equipment functions within normal working parameters
- Identify any improvements that can be made to ensure the efficiency and safe operation
- Proactively reduce site running costs by identifying improvements and efficiency measures
- Coordinate parts sourcing ordering and control costs on work load
- Report all incidents and hazards. Conform to and maintain area safety standards for safe working practices and good house keeping
- Actively promote Health & Safety awareness
- Instigate / lead major project work to improve site wide safety / environmental items.
- Monthly audit of responsible area, implementing countermeasures to prevent failure reoccurrence.
Engineering Co-ordinator Experience Required:
- Proven track record in relevant Electrical/Mechanical discipline
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Technical knowledge of production processes
- Technical understanding of equipment
Role: Engineering Area Co-ordinator
Package: £32k-£38k + 20% Shift allowance and benefits
Job Type: Permanent, full-time, shifts (6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm)
Job Ref: 5732