A world-leading chemical coatings business is currently seeking an Engineering Manager to join its Upper Tier COMAH manufacturing site based in Bolton. As the Engineering Manager you will play a vital role in driving safe work practices optimizing reliability process safety planned maintenance and driving continuous improvement and change management.
Engineering Manager Responsibilities
- Ensure the health and safety of all Bolton personnel contractors and visitors through the adherence to and implementation of safe systems of work
- Drive the site towards a high level of planned maintenance through the use of historical data and Condition Based Monitoring.
- Providing Technical support and guidance to the Engineering Team.
- Leads and Champions Management of Change and Commissioning processes to ensure equipment is handed over to relevant parties in a safe and fit for purpose condition.
- Drives Engineering Continuous Improvements to increase Production volumes and enhance site safety to exceed the standards expected from an Upper Tier COMAH site.
- PHA Facilitator and champion.
- Key function for the site during COMAH interventions and inspections.
- Ensuring the Engineering Team have the required training and Competencies to fulfil their duties.
- Drives the Engineering department to consistent and safe methods of work through Risk Assessments and procedures.
- Manages the Engineering budget to ensure budget is achievedand manages the Capital process and Financial Planning Program.
- Champion of Rx.(Reliability Excellence)
- Interrogating the Rx data to identify opportunities for Maintenance Improvements.
- Processing MIRA actions Incidents and Near Miss reports.
- Champions and drives Process Safety Management.
Engineering Manager Requirements
- NEBOSH would be advantageous.
- Engineering Apprenticeship would be advantageous.
- Engineering degree and/or Incorporated or Chartered Engineer registration.
- Extensive experience of Management within in a highly regulated manufacturing environment.
- In depth knowledge of Management of Health and Safety At Work Act 1974.
- Electrostatic hazard awareness.
- Experience with HAZOP/PHA.
- Experience of Computer Maintenance Management Systems CMMS
- Experience of RAMS and high hazard (i.e Hotwork) PTW issuing/approving.
- Regulatory understanding including PSSR LOLER PUWER HASAW 1974 COMAH.
- Working knowledge of ATEX and DSEAR.
- Commissioning and Management of Change.
Role: Engineering Engineer
Package: Competitive Salary, Bonus, 33 Days holiday, Free Parking, Pension, Discount scheme
Hours: Mon-Fri Permanent role
Sector: Manufacturing / Engineering / Chemicals / COMAH
Job Ref: 6283