We are working with one of the largest global scientific companies, who require an Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist to join their expanding team in East Grinstead. The Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist will support the implementation and ongoing management of an environmental, health and safety programme. The Environmental, Health & Safety Compliance Specialist will develop, maintain and execute improvement plans to support Company EHS policies.
This EHS Specialist role will cover 1 main site in East Grinstead will some travel required to Dartford and other UK sites when needed.
Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist Responsibilities:
- Ensure that EHS measures are embedded on each site and that these measures are driving the appropriate behaviour. Identify site specific circumstances requiring changes to the EHS programme and lead successful implementation at a local level.
- Provide site managers with advice and assistance regarding their obligations under new and existing UK environmental, health and safety regulations and develop appropriate programmes and training to enable them to meet the requirements.
- Work with site management and staff to identify & assess significant risks to health and safety and develop, implement and maintain appropriate risk control measures.
- Ensure that accident and incident investigations are timely, effective, remedial actions are completed and lessons are learned and shared across the business.
- Ensure the findings of accident investigations, safety inspections, audits and risk assessments are brought to the attention of management and others who may be affected.
- Provide coaching and support to EHS Representatives to enable them to fulfil their duties effectively and drive employee engagement on EHS performance and improvement.
- Conduct periodic environmental, health and safety audits of the business against Corporate & divisional Standards and Regulatory guidelines as directed by the UK EHS Manager.
- In conjunction with the UK EHS Manager, inspect new and existing plant and equipment, as appropriate, to ensure compliance with Health and safety requirements.
- Develop, recommend and implement specific elements of the EHS management system as directed by the UK EHS Manager e.g. training systems, EHS induction, risk assessments.
Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist Requirements/Qualifications:
- NEBOSH General Certificate of Occupational Safety & Health essential
- Undergraduate degree in an environmental subject or a Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management with suitable experience is desirable
- Broad knowledge of Safety, Health and Environmental legislation
- Experience of managing Environmental, Health and Safety in a manufacturing and laboratory environment - implementing best practices, policies, procedures and process across different sites, ensuring consistency in application where appropriate.
- Able to deliver training to all levels across the organization and to communicate, influence and work at all levels across the organization.
- ISO Auditing experience
- Travel within the UK to different sites essential
- Knowledge of the REACH Regulations is desirable
- Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor qualification is desirable
Role: Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist
Job Type: Permanent, Monday – Friday, 37.5 Hours working week
Package: £40k – £45k, Pension, Life assurance, 25 days holiday, private medical insurance,
Industry: Manufacturing / Scientific / Biotechnology / Medical Devices / Pharmaceutical
Location: East Grinstead
Job Ref: 5991