An excellent opportunity has arisen for a career driven Facilities Supervisor to join a global leader operating in the chemical industry. As a key member of the Facilities team the Facilities Supervisor will direct and oversee all maintenance activities and projects. The role of Facilities Supervisor will be split 50% office / 50% field based activities. You will hold hands on mechanical/electrical experience, working knowledge of HVAC system and ideally have supervisory practise.
Facilities Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Report to Facilities Manager on a weekly basis with updates pertaining to facilities maintenance and on-going projects.
- Know, understand and adhere to established company policies and procedures. Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of changes to safety procedures and assist in safety training activities as required.
- Supervise the development and implementation of planned preventative maintenance program covering, plant equipment, systems and general facilities across the site. Assure all relevant records are accurately completed and retained and available for ISO audit purposes.
- Oversee the completion of adjustments, repairs, and modifications to existing equipment and systems. Oversee the installation of new equipment and systems as necessary recommending and/or selecting outside contractors as necessary. Monitor and direct external contractor activities to ensure safety, quality and timely completion of work.
- Assure that technical drawings and schematics are readily available and appropriately updated following any amendments or new construction works.
- Coordinate and oversee completion of mechanical and general building equipment repairs and services in response to employee generated maintenance requests.
- Train operators and other personnel on facilities systems as necessary to allow them to act in a knowledgeable manner in emergency situations when facilities maintenance personnel are unavailable.
- Assign maintenance requests to designated technicians for optimal completion of all tasks.
- Mentor the Maintenance team and develop systems to ensure ongoing process improvement.
Facilities Supervisor Experience & Qualifications Requirements
- Demonstrated understanding of electrical, mechanical and technical aspects of building maintenance typically acquired over a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings, wiring diagrams, data sheets and O&M manuals.
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Technical certifications/training (PASMA, IPAF, L8, Asbestos Awareness, Confined Spaces)
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment based on data in the decision-making process with regard to projects, people and processes
- Skilled in planning and organising tasks and projects; able to set priorities and manage workload
- Demonstrate vigilance of potential safety hazards including: fuel leaks, chemical smells, moving parts of machinery, confined spaces etc
- Working knowledge of relevant statutory compliance legislation including, but not limited to Legionella L8, Fire Regulatory Reform Order, COSHH, PUWER, LOLER etc………
Role: Facilities Supervisor
Package: Competitive Salary, 25 days holiday, Medical, Final Salary Pension, Canteen
Hours: Mon-Fri (Paid On-call out of hours rota every 1 in 3 weeks Mon-Sun)
Sector: Chemicals / Facilities / M&E
Job Ref: 6085