A FMCG manufacturer is looking for a flavourist to join its growing R&D team. You will be responsible for the creation of all new and redeveloped flavours and will assist with product analysis and quality control. The role includes providing scientific expertise and creative input to new product development and solving technical problems. You must hold a chemistry related degree and proven experience in sweet flavour development to apply for this role.
- Responsible for the Research and Development of flavours and concentrates.
- Bespoke flavour creation for White Label brands.
- Oversee the bulk mixing of high quality e-liquids using our standard operating procedures.
- Monitor stock levels of lab and manufacturing ingredients and raise purchase orders to replenish stock.
- Quality Control - Carrying out routine QC analysis of finished e-liquids and raw materials, as well as assisting in the development and validation of new analytical methods.
- Redevelop the flavour selection process.
- Research flavour trends.
- Understand and produce documents on chemical, ingredient and safety data relevant to the business.
- Assist with the management of any junior personnel in the R&D department.
- Read and internalise technical and legislative documents and advise to other areas of the business
- Contributing to developments and improvements to the quality system to work towards UKAS accreditation (ISO 17025).
Key skills and experience
- BSc in Chemistry or related degree
- Experience working in a Flavourist/Flavour Chemist position.
- Highly numerate and literate, with the ability to produce top quality technical reports and utilise software such as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- The ability to closely follow and support the aims of written standard operating procedures and highlight areas of development.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Knowledge of fundamental flavour chemistry and sensory perception, to aid with new product developments or product improvements.
- An understanding of the quality requirements for ISO accreditation.
- Proactive and highly organised with strong time management and planning skills.
- Experience at advising key stakeholders at senior and board level
- Product Development experience.
- The ability to read and internalise technical and legislative documents.
- An experienced user of GC-MS instrumentation and Mass Hunter software, with the ability to scrutinise and assess the quality of analytical data.
- Experience with the maintenance and troubleshooting of GC-MS instrumentation
There are multiple positions available at varying levels. Salary is dependent on experiance.
Salary £25k - £35k in line with experience
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team. Apply now.
Job Ref: 6656