A cosmetic company is looking for a formulation chemist to join the Research and Development team. You will be responsible for New Product Development of cosmetics and personal care products. You must hold a degree in chemistry or related discipline and have at least two years’ experience in either the cosmetic or personal care industry.
- Design and develop novel products to a high standard.
- Development and colour matching of cosmetics such as eyeshadows and facial palettes as well as the development of bath and body toiletries
- Identify key technological challenges that will result in cost savings and / or enhanced product performance and implement.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with key suppliers and keep abreast of new raw materials / technologies that may provide new / superior benefits to formulations.
- Ensure that the day-to-day working in the laboratories is practised in a safe, orderly and efficient manner, compliant with all internal protocols and external legislation.
- Work closely with NPD, marketing and quality teams to ensure projects are kept on track and to brief.
- To monitor new technologies and products in the marketplace
- Keep accurate detailed records of product development
Qualifications & Specifications
- Educated to Degree Level in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. Cosmetic Science / Chemistry)
- 3 – 5 years industry experience dealing with a variety of product developments in the cosmetic / personal care industry.
- Has an understanding of the key safety, ethical and sustainability topics within the beauty sector
- Strong team working and relationship building
- Capable of problem solving and decision making
- Commercial awareness and customer focus
- Strong communication skills
- Capable of thriving in a pressurised environment
Job Ref: 5617