A world leading speciality chemical manufacturing business is currently seeking a Fuels Technologist to join their team in Oxford on a permanent basis. Based within their formulation team, you will play a key role in providing innovative solutions to formulation challenges, lead new product development projects and supervising junior chemists.
Fuel Technologist Responsibilities:
- Interact closely with other members of the Technology team and representatives from Sales, Marketing and Industry.
- Generate innovative solutions to formulation challenges, through a detailed understanding of the tests used to qualify and approve these products
- Participation in, and leadership of, project teams developing next generation products.
- Taking ownership for all aspects of product development - from understanding basic science, synthesis and evaluation of new chemicals, handling safety, environmental and intellectual property issues through to final product definition, the development of a commercial process and full commercialisation.
- Proactively contribute to the high safety standard of the group.
- Innovative and creative approaches to design and develop new additives.
- Develop and apply formulation methodology to optimise additive packages.
- Lead new product development projects.
- Supervise and develop chemists to ensure timely delivery of additive performance test data.
Fuel Technologist Requirements:
- You must possess a degree qualification in Chemistry or closely related field of study.
- Possess excellent technical competencies with strong track record and a science background.
- Have a strong working knowledge and practical experience in formulating petroleum additives.
- A successful track record working with marine fuels and a technical understanding of the marine industry. Asphaltene experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to take an objective view of technical problems and address them with creativity and innovation.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual, in groups and as part of cross-functional teams.
In return, you will be offered a competitive salary accompanied with a generous benefits package and on-going career development.
Job Ref: 6731