This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic graduate within a chemistry discipline to join an independent plastics and rubber specialist organisation who provide research, technology and information services for polymer-related industries. As a graduate analyst you will be responsible for conducting a wide range of analyses using analytical techniques including FTIR, TGA, UV-VIS spectrometry and ICP-OES.
Graduate Analyst Responsibilities:
- Perform testing efficiently providing good quality data on time.
- Comply with schedules and assignments.
- Assist in the development of new test methods.
- Promptly identify instrument problems and report immediately to Laboratory Manager
- Undertake equipment maintenance, and consumable stock control.
- Provide training and quality support where required.
- Provide technical expertise.
- Familiarity and compliance with all relevant standard operating procedures.
- Undertake appropriate training and development.
- Maintain appropriate and effective health and safety arrangements for the Laboratory in conjunction with the Health and Safety Officer.
- Maintain highest standards of housekeeping particularly with respect to storage of materials, chemicals, solvents and customer samples.
Graduate Analyst Requirements:
- Educated to a degree level in a chemistry or closely related discipline.
- Experience with analytical techniques: techniques including FTIR, TGA, UV-VIS spectrometry and ICP-OES (Desirable but not essential)
- Must be able to demonstrate a flexible approach to laboratory work.
- Possess excellent communication and time management skills and be able to maintain a high standard of record keeping.
- Will have an understanding of working within quality systems such as ISO17025. cGMP would also be advantageous.
Competitive Salary + Benefits - Private healthcare, pension, 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays - flexible working hours
Job Ref: 5436