Due to continued expansion, we require a Graduate Chemist to join a leading specialty chemical company at their start of the art facility.
As a key focus of your role, you will provide technical laboratory support to departments, customers and company activities in line with ISO 9000 procedures whilst conforming to Health and Safety Standards.
Responsibilities & Duties will include:
1. Preparation of components, testing and supply to customers in line with project objectives and timings. Arranging of internal testing and in collaboration with the group, Technical Admin arrange external testing & dispatch.
2. Complete preliminary analysis and interpretation of test results. Prepare reports, memos, presentations, etc., and/or enter into database(s), to communicate results to appropriate parties. Handle requests and report results in a timely fashion, effectively managing internal customer expectations.
3. Operate specialized bench test equipment specific to product area in accordance with established procedure. Perform tests accurately to ensure reproducibility. Assume responsibilities for the maintenance and troubleshooting of the laboratory equipment and/or instrumentation necessary to perform the laboratory tests.
4. Set up, run & monitor storage stability/compatibility studies on formulations. Observe and interpret results, reporting findings to appropriate parties via verbal, written, electronic and photographic communications.
5. Purchase, maintain, and/or obtain adequate inventory of samples and lab supplies for testing and work area. Maintain work area in a neat, clean, and safe condition.
You will also possess industrial experience working within a commercial R&D/Formulation laboratory – either through a placement year or post-graduate placement.
You will also be a good team player, proactive, diplomatic and be able to challenge current systems of the company.
Excellent verbal communication skills are also essential.
Competitive Salary (dependent upon experience) + Excellent Benefits
Job Ref: 6303