An opportunity has arisen for a recent chemistry graduate to join the R&D function of a leading specialist chemical manufacturer at their state-of the art facility in Cornwall. Your key focus as a graduate lab technician is to support R&D duties and assist with formulation design alongside side scientists within the laboratory. This would be a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate within a scientific discipline to apply their chemistry skills into an entry-level R&D position.
Graduate Lab Technician Responsibilities:
- Supporting formulation design, largely adjustments to formulae to assist processing & performance.
- Coordinating application testing of coated products.
- Maintaining laboratory apparatus, arranging servicing, maintaining consumable inventory.
- Assisting R&D chemists with pre-production trials.
- Assisting Technical Support staff with trouble-shooting production issues.
Graduate Lab Technician Requirements:
- Recently graduated in a scientific discipline, ideally within Chemistry or closely related field of study.
- Well organised, with the ability to prioritise a workload.
- A methodical approach to tasks.
- Resilient and results oriented, with a strong quality focus and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary £18,000 - £20,000 + Benefits - Working hours: 08:00-05:00pm Monday to Friday
Job Ref: 5621