An opportunity has arisen for a recent chemistry or environmental science graduate to join a leading waste management company as a site chemist. Located in Worcester, your role as a site chemist will be to assist with daily site and laboratory operations; ensuring all documentation and records are accurate and kept up to date. To be successful as a site chemist you should ideally hold a chemistry or environmental science degree and have a hands-on approach to your work.
Graduate Site Chemist Responsibilities:
- Operate within the site in a safe and efficient manner, using the correct Personal Protective Equipment and working within the Standard Operating Procedures.
- To assess incoming loads in a timely fashion and ensure that all waste acceptance records are kept up to date and complete.
- Ensure the provision of the correct documentation for all incoming and outgoing loads.
- Ensure that all site activities are carried out in full compliance with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and regulations.
- Co-operate with site management in improving operating standards and adopt a flexible approach to site tasks.
- Providing analytical information that will optimise turnaround time, processing efficiency and customer service.
- Providing site and laboratory cover at all times taking a flexible approach to break times and providing reasonable out of hours cover when required.
Graduate Site Chemist Requirements:
- Educated to degree level within a relevant scientific discipline: Chemistry or Environmental Science.
- Desire to learn and aspirations to progress within a career in the waste industry.
- Ability to apply chemical theory to good industrial practice.
- Ability to follow instructions and ask questions when unsure.
- Good communication skills as this is a customer facing role.
- Ability to work in a team and individually.
Salary: £20k increasing to £23k on completion of CoCT (Certificate of Technical Competence) + Benefits - 22 days holiday to increase with length of service
40 Hours per week - Shift pattern to be agreed.
Job Ref: 5761