A multi-national and leading speciality chemical business based in Berkshire is currently seeking a Graduate Technical Service Chemist to join their innovative team on a permanent basis. You will take a primary focus into the delivery of solutions for customers by understanding their needs & applications and offering technical advice/feedback for related R&D projects.
If you are a recent Chemistry graduate who is keen to explore opportunities outside of the laboratory, but to remain within industry and develop a successful career focused towards commercial/business – apply now!
- Begin to develop deep understanding of industry test requirements, customer test requirements and associated specifications.
- Support the management of projects with CTS stage gate process utilising Accolade software.
- Understand and comply with the company’s safety, quality and ethics policies and procedures.
- Assist in providing proactive customer specific solutions, support, and guidance through effective and insightful face to face and written communications.
- Develop and may deliver presentations to internal and external customers.
- May investigate and resolve routine customer concerns under supervision of manager.
- Interface with CTS, R&D, OEM, Sales and Marketing to gain an understanding of current and future market trends, requirements, and applications.
- You must be BSc/MChem/MSci qualified in chemistry or related subject from a recognised leading university.
- A motivation to work outside of the laboratory and develop skills relevant to delivering technical service.
- Timely decision making using a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgment; sometimes with incomplete information, under tight deadlines with appropriate risk, authority and transparency.
- Has knowledge of general business model, practices and procedures. Understands how the actions and output of the role impacts the business and others.
- Possess excellent communication skills in order to build rapport and connections with customers/clients.
Salary offered is competitive in line with level of experience + excellent company benefits.
Job Ref: 5577