We are looking for an established and experienced business development professional with experience in the pharmaceutical sector. The primary responsibility is to produce and maintain a business development strategy and marketing plan which align with the overall company strategy.
The role also involves being a member of the senior management committee and working with the Management Director and Associate Director of Business Operations in the planning and execution of business development activities along with the investigation of new fields of work.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development and execution of a business development and marketing strategy to achieve the company’s current and future goals.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with existing, new and potential clients. This will require visits to client sites on a regular basis in order to better understand their needs.
- Ensure the various forms of marketing opportunities are used to best effect and cost efficiency.
- Identify, develop and maintain scientific business opportunities for the company.
- Cost, manage and identify marketing opportunities and communicate new developments to existing and prospective clients and the market place in general.
- Plan and manage the annual Business Development and marketing budget.
- Build and maintain contacts with the media. PR strategy
- Manage the website(s) and the production and distribution of marketing materials including whitepapers, leaflets, posters, flyers, adverts, press releases and newsletters.
- Maintain, build and update mailing databases and management of the CRM.
- Carry out market research and customer surveys to assess demand from existing and potential clients, brand positioning and awareness.
- Evaluate marketing campaigns and report the analysis of feedback to the management committee.
- Monitor competitor, client and potential client activity and provide management with key information.
- Provide a contact point, for new business opportunities.
- Identify and attend relevant exhibitions and conferences.
Actively engage, communicate and collaborate with all senior managers to ensure high levels of performance and professionalism.
- Attend senior management meetings and report on any important business development news including competitor and client intelligence.
Experience and skills required:
· Proven experience and background in business development.
· Knowledge and experience of the Pharmaceutical industry.
· Background and experience of contract, ideally chemistry, laboratories.
· Established marketing communications skills including the production of literature, advertisements, brochures, e-newsletters etc.
· Experience of website management.
· Able to work on their own and as part of a team as required.
· Good verbal and written communications skills being able to adapt styles to suit various audiences.
· Able to analyse and process data to produce reports.
· Good numeracy skills.
· Confident speaker with strong influencing skills.
Salary: circa £55k + Bonus
· Death in service cover (after 6 months service)
· Private medical scheme (after completion of probation - 6 months for this role)
· Employee Assistance Programme
Job Ref: 5462