Due to continued expansion an exciting opportunity has arisen for an IT Support Technician – 1st & 2nd to join a leading speciality chemical company at their start of the art facility on a permanent basis.
As a key focus of your role you will provide IT 1st & 2nd line support for EMEAI region, escalating requests when required.
IT Support Technician Responsibilities:
- Provide 1st & 2nd line support for all locations covered by the Service Desk
- Identify, escalate & resolve customer incidents successfully with a focus on continual service improvement
- Ensuring IT policies and procedures are adhered to during day-to-day work both within the IT department and across the business as a whole
- Manage workload & prioritise incidents
- Report trends and escalation of requests to Service Desk lead
- Provide feedback in team meetings regarding issues, trends and improvements on the Service Desk
- Maintain all relevant documentation
- Proactively develop user information sheets and promote good practice guidelines including; tip sheets, how to guides
- Build PC’s and redistribute hardware as required. Maintain and complete relevant build documentation to an acceptable standard
IT Support Technician Experience Required:
- 1st & 2nd line Service Desk experience within a Windows environment is essential
- Working knowledge of AD
- Relevant Microsoft Qualification
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of ITIL would be beneficial
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels, particularly over the phone
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritise work according to business impact
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits that includes final salary pension scheme
Job Ref: 5510