A leading fuel manufacturer requires an Analyst to join its pilot blending division. Your role will be to analyse and blend fuel samples at pilot scale. You will ideally have a degree in chemistry or related subject but equivalent experience will also be considered.
- Pilot Analyst blends a wide range of laboratory fuel blends and preparing additive solutions independently and consistently.
- Pilot Analyst to carry out analysis on fuel and water samples.
- The responsibilities will include Sample Analysis calibrating and standardising laboratory equipment.
- Supporting the Laboratory Quality Management System.
- Responsible for maintaining highest level of safety and housekeeping standards within the laboratory (clean bench policy)
- Taking samples of fuels and components on site.
- There are casual requirements for work outside and in the plant.
- Reporting directly to Laboratory Supervisor or Head of Formulation if necessary.
- Ad-hoc duties as assigned by line manager/directors.
- Creation and inspection to align MSDSs with applicable legislation can occur on an irregular basis.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally a Degree in Chemistry (or equivalent) would be an advantage but those with A' levels (or equivalent) and relevant experience will be considered.
- Minimum Laboratory experience (particular best practise of laboratory procedures) of 1+ Years.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is fundamental.
- An interest in improving systems.
- HSE focussed.
- Able to handle peak-time workload.
Due to the location of the site you are required to have your own transport.
Competitive salary and benefits
Job Ref: 6644