A market-leading chemical manufacturing business, based in Peterborough is currently seeking a new Laboratory Manager to join their QC department on a permanent basis. This role has opened due to continued success and will take a primary focus into the providing effective leadership/management to the laboratory & QC department.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a family-run business that are investing in new facilities and securing global projects. To be successful within this role, you must have the ability to manage a variety of tasks including team management, hands on lab support and demonstrate a strong chemistry foundation.
- To lead and oversee the day to day running of the laboratory function and management of staff.
- Ensure a safe working environment for staff and visitors. Ensure the laboratory is operated safely and in accordance with H&S regulations and guidance.
- Manage performance, appraise, set and assess objectives for your direct reports.
- Prepare estimates of cost for major laboratory (CapEx) expenses and prepare the business case.
- Train staff where necessary on chromatographic techniques (HPLC, GC).
- Have the ability to provide support in the laboratory to ensure strict deadlines are met (HPLC, GC).
- Develop and approve procedures, technical documentation and SOPs.
- Provide flexibility where required and work occasional shifts to ensure strict deadlines are met.
- Degree qualification in Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry or closely related field of study.
- Demonstrate a strong chemistry understanding with experience managing or supervising a team (3 or above) of chemists.
- You must possess excellent analytical skills with a successful track record of practicing method development, validation and instrument troubleshooting (HPLC, GC).
- Strong problem solving skills coupled with the ability to train, build and motivate a team.
- Knowledge of GMP, GLP & ISO9001 standards.
- Familiar with health & safety procedures.
- Provide flexibility when required to work shifts to ensure customer deadlines are met.
In return, the company can provide an excellent opportunity to further develop both your analytical and management skills. Salary - £32k-£38k + company benefits.
Job Ref: 5716