An innovative start-up has an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Manager to join its team on a part-time basis working from 9am-1pm Monday – Friday. You will be responsible for managing the laboratory to support the development of the company’s pipeline. You must have experienced in working in a scientific environment to apply for this role.
- Maintain and organise laboratory consumable/reagent inventories.
- Receiving stock, store and record entry
- Manage laboratory operational and safety policies.
- Gathering products information and updating safety data sheets.
- Accurately report results (including contaminations and incidents).
- Routine laboratory maintenance.
- Placing purchasing orders with suppliers, tracking and follow up the orders, ensuring the stock are received timely.
- Negotiate with suppliers, set up of bulk orders and call out of reservations.
- Operational laboratory management.
- Stock management control and maintenance of inventory levels.
- Purchase of goods directly with suppliers.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Good numeracy and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Computer literate and ability to familiarise with different IT systems.
- Experienced in working in a scientific environment
- Monitoring health and safety risks and hazards in the workplace
Skills and personality traits:
- Good time management skills.
- Well organised.
- Able to multitask.
- Takes ownership of tasks.
This is a great opportunity to join an innovative growing company.
Competitive salary pro-rated
Job Ref: 6637