An exciting new opportunity has arisen with a leading international supplier of scientific instruments - they are looking for a lab technician to join their growing team. As a lab technician you will be supporting in the production of specialist scientific equipment. To be successful you will need to be motivated and enthusiastic to join a great company.
- Production of Coated Grids
- Continuous improvement of the production process to both increase production throughput and batch yield
- Accurate record keeping of all process parameters used for each batch manufactured
These are the main functions of the role; however, employees may be required to carry out other, ad hoc duties, as may be reasonably required.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- You will need to be a motivated individual who is flexible and willing to learn continuous best practice.
- You as an individual must be self-motivated with a desire for continuous improvement whilst maintaining high quality standards.
- You will have the ability to demonstrate initiative and positive attitude.
- You must be accurate with an eye for fine detail and high level of manual dexterity. They must have good eyesight (assisted or unassisted) to be able to carry out precise / detailed work, sometimes under a light microscope.
- You must be comfortable in being able work alone and/or within a team environment.
- You must have the ability to follow standard operating procedures and detailed instructions is essential. The individual needs to be methodical in working and to demonstrate the aptitude to know when to stop a process, troubleshoot and problem solve.
- You must have the ability to work to set standards and procedures.
- You must be good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Science-based degree preferred but not essential.
Salary £18k - £20k
Job Ref: 5681