A biotechnology company has an exciting opportunity for a Lab Technician to join its team. You will be working in a small team preparing, testing and selling a range of products which include immunoassay (ELISA kits), laboratory reagents and stains for haematology. You will be a graduate ideally in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry. Previous lab experience is desired but not essential.
Essential Job Functions
- Needs to be able to work in a safe and tidy manner.
- Needs to comply to good laboratory practice and to keep clear and accurate records
- Small Scale Manufacturing (1-200 L) of buffers and staining reagents.
- New method development
- Packaging and shipping of reagents.
- Stock control of materials used in production.
- Preparation of manufacturing methods documentation.
- Graduate Scientist, e.g. Biochemistry, Medical Laboratory Scientist, Biomedical science, Chemistry
- Any experience in ELISA would be advantageous
- Good interpersonal skills
- Need to be computer literate, particularly with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Needs to be self-motivated
- Needs to be able to show initiative
By joining a smaller company you will get the opportunity to develop your skills in a range of areas within the lab.
Salary £19k - £25k in line with experience
Job Ref: 5940