A food company is looking for a Laboratory Technician to provide production support to their manufacturing department. You must hold an HNC or above and have previous experience in a blending or mixing environment to apply for this role. Due to the location of the site, you must have your own transport.
- Operation of plant and equipment, in order to mix, manufacture, transfer and pack product
- Collecting, accurately weighing and blending ingredients as per formulation as required with accurate labelling, note taking and record keeping
- Handling/ manufacturing products and raw materials by complying with the information within the MSDS’s, risk and COSHH assessments
- Use of manual handling equipment available for moving heavy ingredients e.g. product drums and packs
- Ensure Products are manufactured in-accordance with current Codes of Practice & Standard Operating Procedures
- Adherence to daily check routines / planned schedules
- Highlighting of out of spec items for remedial action
- Carry out adjustments & calibrations of machines within specified limits
- Able to identify ancillary parts, their location & uses.
- Assist in the movement of raw materials to the manufacturing areas and finished product to warehouse areas
- Liaising with the Production Supervisors, reporting on progress, informing of issues.
- Highlight required areas for improvement and liaise with other Department members to allow completion against set timescales.
- Participate fully in relevant training courses
- Accurately enter the relevant information on required documents.
- Experience within a mixing or blending environment
- Operation of some more detailed plant operations
- A good understanding of quality control systems
- An understanding of food hygiene
Monday to Friday 8:00 – 4:30 with a 30 min lunch break.
Job Ref: 5470