A global leader in the lubricant market is currently seeking a new Lubricant Commercial Manager to join the team in Oxford on a permanent basis. You will become an integral part of the Industrial Liaison team and will be responsible for developing corporate strategy whilst having the ability to manage a geographically diverse team.
- Responsible for the line management of a team of experienced expert contributors.
- Develops and coaches team to high performance, both as individuals and as a group.
- Working inside the EU within industry trade associations or directly with OEMs.
- Develops, maintains and ensures appropriate implementation of the OEM prioritisation model.
- Builds strong personal relationships with key decision makers in EU OEMs and industry trade associations.
- Personally operates within, or oversees, senior level industry trade body representation (eg. ATC).
- Acts as a champion of OEM relationship activities.
- Monitors and assesses competitive behaviour in industry and feeds back into wider organisation.
- Works with key OEMs and industry trade associations on topics of strategic significance
- Degree level qualification
- Commercial acumen and ability to recognise the potential commercial impact of industry or OEM actions and communicate these back to the organisation
- Customer relationship management skills – well-networked at the OEMs, in industry trade associations and with major strategic customers
- Experience of leading a large, geographically-spread, global team
- Some technical formulation knowledge and/or an engineering background for credibility with OEMs will be highly desirable
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills, both internally and externally, through strong personal relationships and effective communication
Competitive salary + excellent company benefits including bonus + company car
Job Ref: 5840