A leading scientific manufacturing company is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to help with the manufacture, maintenance, repair, and support of a wide range of Company machinery, services and facilities. As the Maintenance Technician you will actively contribute to the Company’s “Continuous Improvement” culture throughout the site. This is a fantastic opportunity if you are a Maintenance Technician, skilled apprentice level, mechanical / electrical engineer seeking the chance to join a company offering first class career development potential.
Please note this role requires weekly rotating shifts (6.00-14.00 or 14.00-22.00) on a Monday – Friday pattern.
Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- Preventative and Planned Maintenance
- Cary out basic planned maintenance / tasks on a number of equipment types
- Carry out maintenance on all machines using approved procedures. Fully trained on “Basic Tasks” site wide. Able to respond to deviations from procedures & justify all action taken Review, develop & maintain maintenance standards.
- Identify and diagnose common faults on equipment. Assist cell technicians in diagnosing complex problems
- Identify and diagnose complex equipment and system faults. Implement counter measures, analyse fault data and recommend root cause improvement activity
- Adjustments and Calibrations
- Carry out routine equipment/system adjustments within specified limits & standard calibration procedures
- Carry out equipment/system adjustments to improve machine set up/factory services. Develop “standard setting” adjustment points
- Spare part & material control
- Full adherence to department issuing procedures. Supply correct information of parts required ordering.
- Commissioning of new equipment
- Assist in commissioning of new equipment.
- Actively promote H & S awareness and full-fill responsibility as defined in the H & S / Environmental policies
Maintenance Technician Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Completed Apprenticeship/Traineeship in Engineering
- Experience working in an engineering/manufacturing environment
- Experience of machine operation and understanding of production processes.
- An understanding of quality systems
- Proven track record in relevant discipline i.e. Electrical/Mechanical
- Comprehensive process knowledge of equipment.
Role: Maintenance Technician
Job Type: Permanent, weekly rotating shifts (6.00-14.00 or 14.00-22.00) on a Monday – Friday pattern.
Package: £25k – £30k + 20% Shift Allowance, Pension, Life assurance, 25 days holiday, private medical insurance
Industry: Manufacturing / Scientific
Job Ref: 5990