A global organisation that is the industry leader in the manufacturing of industrial fabrics and composite materials is looking to recruit a Manufacturing Process Engineer. Based at the company’s facility in Cambridgeshire the Manufacturing Process Engineer will provide process support to Manufacturing in the specification, commissioning and developing of plant, processes, and products, ensuring safe and economic operation.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Daily monitoring of production and resolution of technical problems
- Optimisation of current processes and supporting training initiatives.
- Developing methods for responding to process variability and a consistent rational to permanently correct, document and implement them
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to reduce manufacturing costs and improve product quality. Undertake champion tasks in areas including H&S, 5s, LEAN and Continuous Improvement
- Introducing new products to the factory with a view towards optimisation of the process
- Preparing standard data manuals for the preparation and maintenance of manufacturing standards - Liaison with both suppliers and customers (internal and external)
- Preparing and maintaining plant operating instructions and being involved in training.- Preparing detailed equipment, acceptance and commissioning specifications for new and modified capital equipment and validating performance prior to hand-over to production
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required:
- The Manufacturing Process Engineer provides support for a wide range of manufacturing technologies and you should have a background which enables comprehension of both processes and equipment
- Ideally, you will be a technical graduate with c 3-5 years experience in an appropriate manufacturing environment
- Clear understanding of process risk and application of risk and hazard assessment tools (eg FMEA, HAZOP)
- Proven experience of problem-solving in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodologies and tools (eg Six Sigma)
- Proven experience of data analysis and data-driven problem solving
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Computer literate.
Salary - £ Competitive + Bonus + Excellent company benefits package in line with experience and qualifications.
Job Ref: 6312