A global organisation that is the industry leader in the manufacturing of industrial fabrics and composite materials is looking to recruit a Manufacturing Process Engineer. Based at the company’s facility in Cambridgeshire, you will take a primary focus into the design and build concepts into pilot equipment, whilst having the ability to implement novel manufacturing technologies from design to commissioning.
- Design and build concepts into prototypes and pilot equipment.
- Develop and implement novel manufacturing technologies from design stage, through specification and to installation and commissioning.
- Introduce new technology in order to deliver a process to reduce costs, improve quality/reduce process time.
- Ensure new materials, products or process developments are introduced into routine production with a robust and capable process.
- Collaborate closely with global sites, suppliers and customers.
- Take responsibility for managing the budget of any project you are leading.
- Undertake champion tasks in areas including H&S, 5S, LEAN and continuous improvement.
- You must possess a degree level qualification (or considerable industrial experience) in Engineering or Manufacturing related field of study.
- Proven experience designing experiments and building trail/pilot equipment.
- A strong background of experimental development- taking an inventive step from idea through to pilot scale demonstration.
- Self-motivated and strong desire to learn new skills/techniques.
- Technical leadership.
In return the company can provide an excellent opportunity to develop a successful career focused to process manufacturing coupled with a very competitive salary package + bonus + pension
Job Ref: 5499