Our client is the industry leader in the manufacturing of industrial fabrics and composite materials. The organisation is currently seeking a Material Qualification Engineer for their Cambridgeshire based facility.
Material Qualification Engineer Responsibilities:
- Review & interpret material specifications, qualification test plans and associated test methods and to highlight to management any inconsistencies or contradictions.
- Draft qualification test plans, as required, with line management support.
- Generate test plans and overall project plans, with line management support.
- Undertake all aspects of test specimen preparation and generate defined physical, chemical and mechanical test data.
- Implementing and developing new test methods as required; propose & implementing agreed improvements to existing procedures & processes.
- Investigate the reasons behind unexpected specimen failures.
- Statistically analyse and accurately document test data and material performance conclusions in a technical report format with detailed discussions based on technical reasoning and management consensus.
- Undertake project work in compliance with all relevant customer/material specifications, quality standards and health, safety & environmental (HSE) requirements.
- To undertake ancillary tasks (including 5S, LEAN, continuous improvement, etc.)
Material Qualification Engineer Requirements:
- Hold a technical degree in an engineering or material science discipline (working knowledge of FRP composite materials testing will be advantageous).
- A hands-on approach to laboratory work combined with good attention to detail.
- The ability to analyse test data; draw firm conclusions and where necessary and propose next steps.
- Effective project management and communication skills, and be able to work both independently and as a team member.
Competitive salary and benefits in line with experience (Including Bonus).
Job Ref: 6033