An opportunity has arisen for a development/materials scientist to join a growing packaging organisation at their facility in High Wycombe. You will play a pivotal part in this company’s growth, working closely with the management team to develop new advanced packaging concepts for the food and pharmaceutical industries.
To be successful you should hold a materials science or engineering qualification and possess commercial experience ideally within a materials testing or packaging industry.
Materials Development Scientist Responsibilities:
- Carry out and support scientific investigations and research experiments and trials.
- Develop new advanced packaging concepts and researching materials.
- Run temperature and other scenario tests on product materials.
- Support management staff in moving the laboratory towards attaining ISO17025 accreditation.
- Ensure that all work carried out complies with departmental procedures and is GMP compliant.
- Record, analyse and maintain data records of test results.
- Maintaining, calibrating, cleaning and testing equipment.
Materials Development Scientist Requirements:
- Educated to at least degree level within a materials science/materials engineering or packaging discipline.
- Possess commercial experience ideally within a materials testing/development, research or packaging industry.
- Knowledge/experience working to GMP and or ISO17025 regulations would be advantageous.
- You must be a self-motivated and driven individual, capable of working alone with minimal supervision.
- Possess the ability to think on your feet, handle several ongoing tasks and organise own workload.
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits
Job Ref: 5710