With their strong investment in research and development and culture of continuous improvement, our client is the industry leader in the manufacturing of composite materials and industrial fabrics. The organisation is currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer for their (Leicester, UK) location.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Research and design of new technology for composite processing, including from a concept design into a prototype(s), validation of concept designs through production trials and engineering and commissioning of industrial solution(s)
- Training and handover to operational functions
- Development of current technology to improve process time, quality and reduce cost
- New product development(s)
- Project Management, initiating, justifying and managing cross-functional and multi-site stakeholders, accomplishing project deliverables - scope, quality, cost and time.
- Strong Communication skills will be required to collaborate with global sites, suppliers, customers, industrial bodies and academic or research establishments
- Engage with internal R +T community and facilitate cross-functional activity
- Maintain detailed reporting and management oriented presentations
- A strong mechanical engineering background
- Solid expertise in 3D CAD, Solid Works
- Industrialisation experience involving research, design, and delivery of a process, equipment or technological solution
- Project management experience
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations.
- Fluent English language skills (written and verbal)
Competitive salary and excellent company benefits package (including bonus)
Job Ref: 5507