A world leading speciality chemical manufacturing business is currently seeking a Mechanical Technician to join their team in Oxford on a permanent basis. Based within their Rigs Facility as Mechanical Technician you will play an important role in undertaking specialised performance testing of chemical products using scientific instruments and testing machines.
Mechanical Technician Responsibilities
- To build and operate testing equipment rate test parts and report results according to standard procedures.
- Commitment to the highest standards of HSSE and quality standards across the business.
- The operation of specialised laboratory equipment including scientific machinery and precision instrumentation.
- The management of test queues and interacting with customers within the Technology community on priorities.
- Overseeing the routine maintenance of test equipment including reference testing and the management of supplies of spare parts and test parts.
- Managing test results and co-ordinating the flow of technical information to internal customers.
- The provision of expert guidance to internal customers on the selection of test methods and advising on options to modify methods for special purposes.
- To diagnose operational problems with test equipment implement remedial action and propose areas for procedural improvement.
Mechanical Technician Requirements
- Possess a qualification (HNC/BSc/HND/BEng/Apprenticeship) in either chemistry of an engineering discipline (mechanical engineering is preferred).
- Hold experience operating within a laboratory environment – displaying a sound working knowledge of the practices applicable to the operation and maintenance of precision machinery.
- Relevant experience in mechanics and/or a laboratory environment and have excellent practical technical analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to act upon written or verbal instructions without supervision.
- Be customer focused.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary accompanied with a generous benefits package and on-going career development.
Job Ref: 6127