A speciality chemical company is looking for a Microbiologist to join its team. You will Independently plan and execute technical work programs and lead straightforward technical projects under supervision. You must hold a BSc in microbiology or related field and 2 or more years relevant experience in a Class II Microbiology laboratory in the food, pharmaceutical or chemical industry, along with knowledge of preservative efficacy testing and testing for biocides.
- Ensure compliance with Health and safety programs by pro-actively identifying, reporting on and improving safety related issues in the local laboratory area.
- Perform microbiological analysis of raw materials, in process products and finished goods.
- Conduct microbiological challenge testing studies in support of the business.
- Culture collection development and maintenance.
- To support the business with microbial safety and quality issues.
- Support with timely investigation of customer complaints and other sources of nonconforming work.
- Carry out Plant hygiene audits in order to identify processes, practices, equipment and raw materials that contribute to microbial contamination.
- Plan and execute project work to develop application and knowledge.
- Liaise with internal and external contacts as necessary to track and communicate service activity status.
- Develop and maintain awareness in relevant technical fields.
- Provide technical support to operations, R&D, sales, quality and regulatory as required.
- Sample log in and reporting using LIMS system.
Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology or related field. + 2 years relevant experience in a Class II Microbiology Laboratory in the food, pharmaceutical or chemical Industry. Knowledge of preservative efficacy testing and testing for biocides.
Competitive salary in line with experience
Job Ref: 5813